AQUIS, the national leaders in air handler renewal, is seeking an Energy Engineer with HVAC and Measurement and Verification (M&V) experience to work on-site at its headquarters in Orlando, FL. This is not a remote opportunity.
The Energy Engineer is a newly created role, driven by AQUIS’ growth and demand for our expanding portfolio of new service offerings focused on energy savings and optimization of HVAC equipment. This position will report directly to the President & CEO, while working collaboratively with both AQUIS customers and our internal team. We are looking for a self-starter to help us design, develop, and implement processes for HVAC-specific energy savings projects at customer locations across the U.S. These projects will focus on energy cost reduction achieved through improved energy efficiency and optimization of mechanical equipment in facilities such as hospitals, universities, industrial manufacturing facilities, government, commercial buildings, and more.
The ideal candidate will be a seamless fit who embraces our passion for innovation and technology, and our diverse internal culture which fosters excitement, fresh ideas, and success.
Core responsibilities and expectations are broad, requiring someone who will take initiative and ownership of the role, yet be flexible and adaptable. Job requirements, as well as preferred experience, education and skills are outlined below. If it sounds like a good fit, we would like to hear from you!
- Manage customer-focused projects where you would perform on-site M&V on customer equipment, as well as analysis and troubleshooting of system performance.
- Solid technical aptitude, excellent interpersonal skills, and experience interfacing with customers.
- Develop and implement AQUIS M&V customer program processes and protocols.
- Assess and research existing site energy usage to identify areas of improvement specific to HVAC systems.
- Assist with development and implementation of operational procedures for rolling out new AQUIS services.
- Identify project performance issues and work with project team to timely troubleshoot and resolve.
- Continuously monitors and identifies areas needing improvement and implements changes to increase effectiveness and productivity.
- Make recommendations to internal Sales and Operations teams for improved customer support and assist with customer contract retention strategies when needed.
- Ability to travel domestically approximately 25%.
- Sound understanding of commercial HVAC systems, controls, and various energy management systems.
- Experience with conducting on-site M&V studies, and proficiency with using associated instrumentation.
- General knowledge of and experience with air handling unit (AHU) operations and maintenance (i.e., coil cleaning).
- Knowledge and experience with HVAC project estimating to assist Sales Engineering and Operations.
- Proficient in collecting and analyzing data from utility bills and other sources (both pre- and post-project), and adept at presenting findings in a clear, digestible, and compelling way.
- Skillful with trade-specific tools, materials, instrumentation, and equipment to perform services while adhering to best practices and safety guidelines.
- Experience working with third-party firms collaborating and assisting on projects when needed.
- Solid understanding of ASHRAE standards, specifically ASHRAE 62.1 and 90.1, as well as common building and mechanical codes specific to commercial buildings.
Education, Skills & Personal Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline (i.e., mechanical engineering).
- Approximately 5 – 7 years of experience.
- Accreditations, such as Certified Energy Manager (CEM) or Certified Energy Auditor (CEA), preferred.
- Expertise in the areas of HVAC Operations & Maintenance, Facilities Management, Indoor Air Quality (IAQ), and leveraging Energy Efficiency incentive programs strongly preferred.
- A strong work ethic, a commitment to excellence and a desire to join a winning team.
- High level of attention to detail and quality.
- A team player with a flexible, can-do attitude, yet able to work well independently and take initiative.
- Proficient with MS Office software, especially Excel.